- Military Vessels
- Floating Dock
- Research Vessels
- Training Ships
- Fishing Vessels
- Semi-Submersible Barges
- Deep Sea Mining Vessels
A Naval ship is a military ship or boat used by a Navy. Naval ships are generally damage resilient and armed with weapon systems, even though armament can be light or non-existent.
Speciality vessels are constructed and used for specific purposes:
- Tug is a boat or ship that renders assistance to other vessels by towing them.
- Tender is a boat or a larger ship used to service or support other boats or ships, generally to transport people and/or supplies.
- Pilot Crafts are used for the transportation of harbour pilots.
- Cable laying vessels help in laying cables onto the seabed.
- Research vessels can be seismic vessels, hydrographic vessels, oceanographic vessels, polar vessels etc.
- Salvage vessels are used in salvage and recovery operations.
- A barge is a flat-bottomed boat utilised for river and canal transport of goods.
- Ice breakers are used for cutting through ice for movement under extreme cold weather conditions.